Extend notice on Cookies (last update 06/01/2015)
This notice is given by Tod's S.p.A. in relation to the website www.todsgroup.com
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that a website sends to the device (i.e. computer, mobile device, smartphone or tablet) of the users who have visited it.
Cookies will be stored in such device before being re-sent to the website when the user visits it again.
Types of cookies
Cookies may be categorised:
- Based on the subject who installs them, depending on whether the latter also manages the website that is being visited (so-called "first-party cookies") or another subject does it (so-called "third-party cookies")
- According to the purpose served by each cookie: some cookies allow better browsing, memorising some of the users' choices, such as the language they use (so called "technical cookies"). Other cookies allow the users' browsing choices to be tracked, in order to send advertising material and/or offer services, which are in line with the users' preferences (so-called "profiling cookies").
Which cookies do we use / How to express consent
Our website make use of first-party technical cookies, which do not require the user's authorisation in order to be installed,
and third-party statistics cookies, which, instead, require the users' authorisation to be used.
Tod's S.p.A. is data controller solely for those first-party cookies' installed on his website.
- Internet Explorer
or by using the opt-out support systems provided at www.youronlinechoices.com (limited to those services listed in such platform, which means, at present, advertising profiling services) or at Ghostery. Moreover, by accessing your browser settings, as indicated above, you will be able to delete cookies already installed on your computer.
Used by first parties to improve the website browsing experience, guarantee a stable session and login process and remember cart items for the duration of the whole session for the selected country. Cookies are also used to store information about user interaction with certain elements of the page, such as banners and pop-ups. This website also installs a cookie for a period not exceeding 12 months with the purpose of tracking user consent to cookies and avoid asking for the user’s authorization multiple times.
Cookies for web statistics and analytics
Cookies used by third parties, often in an anonymous form, for statistical
purposes. These kind of cookies collect data about website usage in
order to help us improve the browsing and shopping experience for our
customers. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
Collected data include but is not limited to the following
- number of visitors to the site, pages visited and browsing history;
- performance indicators of acquisition campaigns based on different traffic sources;
- details on viewed and purchased products;
Information provided by Tod's S.p.A. pursuant to Article 13 of the Italian Data Protection Code
The independent data controller for the data collected through the
first-party cookies installed by www.todsgroup.com
is Tod's S.p.A., whose registered office is at Via Filippo Della
Valle No. 1, Sant'Elpidio a Mare (FM), Italy.
The data controller specifies that:
- The data is collected solely for the purposes and for the term indicated in the table set above and is processed electronically;
- The use of these ("technical") cookies does not require prior consent since it is necessary for enabling users to browse through the websites and allows the websites to properly function. If the technical cookies are removed through browser settings, browsing through the websites might not be possible, in whole or in part;
- The collected data may be disclosed to third parties - for purposes connected with those described above - which act on behalf of the data controllers, in the capacity of data processors or persons tasked with the processing;
- As described in greater detail on the Personal Data Processing Notice that can be accessed by clicking on the "Data Protection" link located in the footers of the website page, users may exercise the rights provided for under Article 7 of the Italian Data Protection Code (which include the updating, correction, addition or deletion of personal data processed in violation of the law) by writing an email to the following address:
• Tod's S.p.a. to email@example.com;
* Third party has not provided any Opt-Out form; you may opt out partially or completely from cookies by changing your browser's cookie settings as explained above, or by using the opt-out support systems provided at www.youronlinechoices.com (limited to those services listed in such platform, which means, at present, advertising profiling services) or at Ghostery.